Skip to main content

Am back and feeling lucky!




Hello people! I am officially back!

Okay, here’s a quick recap of why I was gone in the first place: Those people who know me would know that I was in tenth grade. And at the end of which, had one of the “supposedly most important exam of my academic life ugh” or, as they call it, the Board exams. I still don’t get why it’s such a big deal.

Because of which I had to abandon my writing work for an unforgivably long time, three months to be precise.

But that’s done with now, and that’s past us, phew, and here I am, back to work.

As for feeling lucky….

I stated that I just gave my board exams, they ended on March 18.
As it happens, on the very evening of March 18, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), also, my current educational board announced the postponement of the remaining board exams because of the hiking numbers of the corona virus cases in our country.

And, it’s been more than ten days and I still feel lucky for having finished my exams on the very day of the announcement. Because I’d rather do what I want because exams are over than to have the lingering worry of when my exam will be rescheduled and to have to study for it.

And honestly, I’m not very much in when talking about luck because it could be any other factor too, but in this case, it was sheer luck. Just luck, for which I’m grateful.

So, that’s all for now. Since I’m back, I’ll resume my “one post a week, on Saturdays” schedule. Maybe more. Will keep ya guys posted.

Comments

  1. Hi Mahikaa,

    I'm glad that your exams are over and you can get back to writing.

    I saw that you're doing Camp NaNoWriMo, I am too!

    Good luck with your writing, both blogging and NaNoWriMo,
    ~Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On The Annual Whirr Of Excitement

The annual whirr of excitement, as I just quoted it. In simple words, the excitement/fear/anxious feelings among all of us on entering our first board year, grade 10. There’s this whirr of excitement. It’s there every year, it’s there this time too. Although, I must say people are kind of reluctant and nobody was actually excited because as each year passed, the difficulty level, knowingly or unknowingly, shot up. But we were also keen on freeing ourselves from grade 9 so, I guess ultimately, it was inevitable. *Shrugs her shoulders* Every year we’re excited about new books, friends, hopefully more likeable and lenient teachers than last time, which makes up for most part of our worries before we begin our one year journey and we also hope that this one turns out to be better than the last one. Is this whirr going to last? Well, its annual actually, it comes, stays for some time and leaves. It lasts mostly for two to three weeks until the newness of everything sinks amongst

Thoughts During an Extremely Boring Chemistry Class

There’s this one poem I wrote last year: I wrote it during a chemistry class. Don’t blame me, inspiration can be found anywhere, especially when you’re on the verge of falling asleep during an extremely boring chemistry class. Since the class topic was putting me to sleep, I began thinking of that year’s summer I spent in Switzerland and it came to me in the form of poetry. However, this poem is not written the way most poems are, or by following a specific poem structure. I’ve written it like an account of a few days in the country of Switzerland: what I saw, what I thought, which incidences I remembered and why. And I happened to have found a picture from which I can directly associate this poem. Here goes: Sitting in a classroom, Doing as I’m told, My mind drifts off to, The day I walked the bricked streets, Of Zürich . The day saw no sun, Clouds hung low above in the sky. I walked out of a store, And I walked the length of the bridge.

On The Concept Of Random Capitalization (and standing out)

                                                                                      It’s unique. From what I know, it was introduced in John Green’s book, Paper towns in which the main protagonist, Margo Roth Spigelman believes in the concept of random capitalization. According to that, iT Is oKAy foR a sentTEnce tO Go LiKE this. Pretty cool right? It makes her stand out in the book because of her uncommon beliefs but how she justifies it seems just right. She thinks that the rules of capitalization are too unfair to the words in middle. Which is justified. Also, kind of extraordinary. Although, I must say, Microsoft Word wasn’t happy with my random capitalization, its red lines under the text. I believe that it is unique and actually good because what we’ve been doing is what has been done previously by others. And by simply following it, there’s not much that we’re doing to change things. I’ve seen some people do this and I feel it’s a way of standing ou