Skip to main content

On Feeling Infinite


Ahhh

I feel poetic.

It's 12.52 am and I know I've got a class at 6 am but sleep is miles away. 

In fact, unexpectedly so, I just felt infinite. 

Have you ever wondered why poets find, in nature, poetry? Why they model their works around nature and it's ways?

I just felt why. And so I can say I (probably) know. 

Of course it's a teenager's opinion but in my view, equally valid. 

Well, as it happens, I just looked at the sky only to be fazed by the sight of two tiny specs of light beside the mighty moon itself, supposedly Jupiter and Saturn. 

And, here's the answer to that question about poets:

It probably is because they're constant, and to some extent, calming to the human mind. 

Here's what it means to me:

A sheer sense of conscious insignificance against the inevitable consistency of the flow of time. 
The presently mundane incapability to reach out to the starts and being limited to only be able to gaze at them and wonder. 

That is, how I'd express, I find it poetic. 

Of course, I didn't write any poetry. 


But the feeling: It was momentous, and I felt infinite. 

Side thoughts: 

I felt annoyed by the fact that we don't have advanced space tech which limits our space travel only to the moon and soon (hopefully) Mars. Yet, we can't go out and venture other galaxies yet as in science-fiction stories. 

Yes, I've been reading science-fiction lately.

And P.S. I don't mean to sound unrealistic but also mean to acknowledge the fact that the imagination of the human mind has enabled it to go to places beyond its reach which, in itself, is a thing I find wonderful. 

And, that'll be all for now.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On The Annual Whirr Of Excitement

The annual whirr of excitement, as I just quoted it. In simple words, the excitement/fear/anxious feelings among all of us on entering our first board year, grade 10. There’s this whirr of excitement. It’s there every year, it’s there this time too. Although, I must say people are kind of reluctant and nobody was actually excited because as each year passed, the difficulty level, knowingly or unknowingly, shot up. But we were also keen on freeing ourselves from grade 9 so, I guess ultimately, it was inevitable. *Shrugs her shoulders* Every year we’re excited about new books, friends, hopefully more likeable and lenient teachers than last time, which makes up for most part of our worries before we begin our one year journey and we also hope that this one turns out to be better than the last one. Is this whirr going to last? Well, its annual actually, it comes, stays for some time and leaves. It lasts mostly for two to three weeks until the newness of everything sinks amongst

On The Concept Of Random Capitalization (and standing out)

                                                                                      It’s unique. From what I know, it was introduced in John Green’s book, Paper towns in which the main protagonist, Margo Roth Spigelman believes in the concept of random capitalization. According to that, iT Is oKAy foR a sentTEnce tO Go LiKE this. Pretty cool right? It makes her stand out in the book because of her uncommon beliefs but how she justifies it seems just right. She thinks that the rules of capitalization are too unfair to the words in middle. Which is justified. Also, kind of extraordinary. Although, I must say, Microsoft Word wasn’t happy with my random capitalization, its red lines under the text. I believe that it is unique and actually good because what we’ve been doing is what has been done previously by others. And by simply following it, there’s not much that we’re doing to change things. I’ve seen some people do this and I feel it’s a way of standing ou

On The Occasion Of World Poetry Day

The thing I love about poems is that they mostly have hidden meanings between the lines. Things that only poets can see. Truths that only poets know. No decipherer can ever interpret the exact meaning of a poem. Not because he’s incapable, but only because poems are supposed to make actual sense to only those who write them. I haven’t read much poetry, in fact, you may say that I haven’t read any poetry at all if we’re talking about the famous poets. But poems really are extraordinary writings. They speak the language of truth. Spoken in such a deceiving manner that you don’t realize it at all, they might talk of feelings felt in the most realistic way possible. It isn’t laborious to sit down and read a poem, they’re that short. Rhyming in poems may sound like a thing for children’s poems but in reality, it piques everyone’s interest just as much. We often find ourselves relating to the things we read in poems. Some lines tend to cast such a spell on us that it’s difficult