Skip to main content

On Getting To Know Me




Okay, so it’s been a while now since I’ve been in contact with a few of my old schoolmates. But before I go ahead and talk about it, here’s a little trip down the memory lane.

In fourth grade, I changed my school and got a whole new lot of friends, eventually losing contact with the ones at my prior school.

That’s it. That was the little trip.

Now, it’s been what? Seven years? Eight, maybe? And since our classes happen to be same now, I’ve been seeing those formerly-familiar faces again regularly.

And I do remember a few things from back then, in fact, there are many incidences, people, things about the school, how my classmates used to be – that I still remember.

And those people remember me too.

Only, they know me differently.

Now that we sometimes happen to engage in brief conversations, I realize that those people knew a different version of me, the older version, the ‘third-grade-me’ person.

And I remember myself quite differently.

It is vaguely intriguing how they think of how I was back then. Sometimes I think they conjured up a version of me out of their own imagination, a version of me even I don’t recognise.

Also, it’s weird. Because there’s absolutely no way in peeking into other peoples’ minds. But here we are, drawing conclusions from whatever words don’t fail to explain. Honestly, words aren’t limits to expression, they’re just a pathway.

And, when either them, or I, myself, talk about it, we seem to be learning the way people took us back then, the way they knew us.

A way, and a person, that is alien to us.

Or so I think. That’s the way it is.

Comments

  1. People change over time and nevertheless we must accept our true self. Thnk you! Good going!!
    ~r

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! This is definitely some food for thought XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On The Annual Whirr Of Excitement

The annual whirr of excitement, as I just quoted it. In simple words, the excitement/fear/anxious feelings among all of us on entering our first board year, grade 10. There’s this whirr of excitement. It’s there every year, it’s there this time too. Although, I must say people are kind of reluctant and nobody was actually excited because as each year passed, the difficulty level, knowingly or unknowingly, shot up. But we were also keen on freeing ourselves from grade 9 so, I guess ultimately, it was inevitable. *Shrugs her shoulders* Every year we’re excited about new books, friends, hopefully more likeable and lenient teachers than last time, which makes up for most part of our worries before we begin our one year journey and we also hope that this one turns out to be better than the last one. Is this whirr going to last? Well, its annual actually, it comes, stays for some time and leaves. It lasts mostly for two to three weeks until the newness of everything sinks amongst

On The Concept Of Random Capitalization (and standing out)

                                                                                      It’s unique. From what I know, it was introduced in John Green’s book, Paper towns in which the main protagonist, Margo Roth Spigelman believes in the concept of random capitalization. According to that, iT Is oKAy foR a sentTEnce tO Go LiKE this. Pretty cool right? It makes her stand out in the book because of her uncommon beliefs but how she justifies it seems just right. She thinks that the rules of capitalization are too unfair to the words in middle. Which is justified. Also, kind of extraordinary. Although, I must say, Microsoft Word wasn’t happy with my random capitalization, its red lines under the text. I believe that it is unique and actually good because what we’ve been doing is what has been done previously by others. And by simply following it, there’s not much that we’re doing to change things. I’ve seen some people do this and I feel it’s a way of standing ou

Thoughts On An Airplane

Its night time and I’m on an airplane and when I look down, all I can see are specks of illumination, a sign of life. If I were to exaggerate and speak, there is no square metre of land that is accessible to us and not owned by us.  By us, I mean humans. Individually we may or may not own a lot of land. But if you see it amongst us humans, we have huge portions of it. Like, huge. So large they can house millions, hold cities, metropolises. From above, the land looked so vast. And the vastness did not fail to fascinate me. It was as if an enchanting spell. So much that I'm yet to comprehend. I have to admit you get a better view from a height. Okay following this statement, it might go a little on the crazy side. By crazy I mean my hopelessly imaginative side. Flying over cities, like I said, I see specks of light. They look like stars in the night sky. Sure they don't twinkle. But there's spots of light in the dark. Just like we see in the sky. Apologies, bu